Tuesday, June 18, 2013

[Favourites] May 2013

I apologize for the late May 2013 Favourites :'( I moved back to Korea (permanently for now), so I could not upload this favourites until now. More will be uploaded soon, so please stay tuned!

Face

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles in 20 Light Pale


This is a small thin concealer that has a sponge tip that pumps the product out as it gets twisted up. This was a concealer that has been abandoned for a long time, but it has become my absolute favourite. It can not only hides dark circles, but it is also capable of hiding pores completely. I mean completely. I was never in "absolute love" with a concealer before, but this product was worth mentioning first. I absolutely love this concealer.


Lips 

Lancome Color Design Stylista (Matte)


Stylista looks extremely similar to Lancome Rouge in Love 230M Rose Rendezvous which is slightly muted rose-pink. On the tubes, they look exactly the same. However, the difference shows up on the swatches: Rose Rendezvous has a glossy to satin finish whereas Stylista has a matte finish; yet, it manages to work well even on unprepared (not moisturized) lips.

After applying Stylista on the lips, take a Q-tip to fade out the edge of the lips. This additional and bothersome step gives a blurred-out and unfocused effect.

Maybelline Baby Lips #15 Cherry Me


This product can be used to prepare your lips but it can also be used on its own. It gives a rosy tinted glow that gives a slight glossy finish. Despite my chapped lips, this product succeeded in smoothing my lips within seconds. It requires a reapplication every three or four hours, depending on the amount of hours you talk and the food you may consume.

Nail Polish

Essie 752 Turquoise & Caicos (C$9.99--Sale) 


This product is a turquoise-emerald green nail polish with glossy finish. My only complaint (that goes with all the Essie nail polishes) would be that it is very sheer. Especially for this product, the first coat looked like I had a stain on my nail polish. Three to four coats were enough to achieve that full opaque colour--however, the good thing is that it was, despite the number of coats applied, very thinly coated. It lasted for 8-9 days without a single chipped nail. This is my most favourite drugstore nail polish of Summer 2013.

xoxo
cynthia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.