Saturday, September 17, 2011

[Review] Maybelline's Volum'Express Mascara

Hey everyone! I couldn't post anything because of school and GRE (Asian side crept out of me once again) but I decided to post a review since I would not be available to do ANYTHING other than studying for GRE for the whole weekend.... so here is my review on Maybelline's the Colossal Volum'Express Mascara.


Warning: Before I begin, I must say that I have super-straight hair (I know this sounds super random but you gotta listen!) Whenever I go to hair salon, even Asian hair professionals ask me whether I got Japanese straightening perm and my answer was "no". Many are jealous by this fact but I loathe my super-straight hair because MY EYELASHES ARE STRAIGHT TOO. Yes. I'm soooooooooo jealous of caucasians and my boyfriend who has super long and gorgeously curled lashes. What I wanted to say was that, in terms of the curling effect, I cannot be the best person to give a sincere advice since I haven't found a single mascara that would help me curl my lashes (please give me some advice in terms of mascara selection with perfect curling effect!).



Now, I wasn't happy about the fat yellow packaging and disappointed about the traditional fiber-type brissel (as if I thought it might have a rectangular brissel hahaha :P). However, this was more worth it than my Lancome Hypnose mascara for sure.



This is my eye before curling my lashes. Each lash is straight without slight bit of curl, so my lashes don't look like I have any lash at all when somebody looks straight at me.

Now, this is with the lashes curled (used Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler). You can now tell that I do have eyelashes after all. And... they are pretty long. However, they look think and weak.


      
 

To begin, I have to say that it lengthens and volumizes my lashes at very inexpansive and affordable cost. My lashes looked thick and powerful. They are long and well-seperated. I would say one coat of mascara was not enough but two coats can create drama.

However, it clumps a bit and becomes really flaky. As you can tell from the picture above, it flaked soon after it was apllied. It isn't waterproof either. As it promised to volumize, the volume with one stroke was not enough.

And... after all... my lashes looked flat and straight after three hours but I think it's just me. Anyways, I would rank this as one of the best (if not, the best) mascara I've seen so far!

Anyways, I hope this review was helpful and please leave a comment or question and follow me on twitter for more information!

xoxo
cynthia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.